The cables to trust…

Archive for the ‘Uncategorized’ Category

Vadodara: Panic spreads as fire breaks out in paediatric department of SSG Hospital

VADODARA: State-run SSG Hospital, the biggest government hospital in central Gujarat, witnessed scenes of chaos even as the panic spread at the hospital premises after fire broke out in ward 17. The paediatric department is where new-borns and infants undergoing treatment are kept.
Sources said that prima facie it seemed that a short-circuit in an airconditioner sparked fire due to which rooms on the second floor of the building were filled with smoke. As the smoke started spreading, the security guards and others broke the windows of the rooms, yet there was no respite.

SSG-HOSPITAL-FIRE-SANDESH
Meanwhile, scenes of relatives and parents of the kids holding their babies in their arms and rushing them out of the building along with saline bottles were also witnessed as the smoke kept bellowing out. The hospital officials however said that all kids are safe as they have been evacuated. “It was a major fire, but we have evacuated all patients and switched off power supply of the building and the oxygen supply also had to be turned off,” said Dr.Sheila Aiyer of paediatric department. She added that although the fire had started from ward 17, they had to shift all patients and relocate them to other wards of the hospital. “The kids including new-borns were shifted to Rukmani Chainani and emergency wards and were stabilized,” she said. The hospital authorities will also move the patients to GMERS Medical College and Hospital at Gotri as well.

Advertisements

Tent house godown gutted in residential colony

Jaipur: A major fire gutted a tent house warehouse located in a residential colony in Jhotwara on Thursday afternoon. Thick plume of black smoke engulfed the nearby houses in Naryan Nagar, triggering a panic amongst local residents. The blaze continued to rage till late Thursday evening despite over 18 fire tenders pressed into the service.
The officials informed TOI that the warehouse belonged to a tent house shop nearby, the locals had complained about fire hazard located near a school several times but in vain. The fire department claimed that a short-circuit in a nearby electric police had triggered the fire. “The strong winds aggravate the fire and quickly devoured the entire complex. We are checking if the warehouse had all the permissions,” said an official. A team led by fire officer Jagdish Fulwari tried to douse the towering flames, but the raging flames could not be controlled.

QuestionMark_SilverRedFire
The thick black smoke emanating from the burning debris further worsened the situation. Till late evening, the roaring blaze had exhausted most of the fire tenders, the control room deployed additional vehicles too. “The warehouse had lot of sheets, table clothes, and wood that escalated the firestorm,” said the official. The fire department told TOI that the warehouse did not have adequate fire safety equipment. “A major tragedy was averted because there is a school located nearby the warehouse, it could have easily spread through the school. But because the fire broke out only in later afternoon, the kids had gone home,” added another official.
The fire was visible from the distance, triggering widespread panic in Jhotwara locality. “We had cut off the power supply to the area. There were lot of dangling electric wires which could have led to the major problem. The main challenge was to ensure that flames could not spread to nearby apartment and other buildings,’ the officials said. The residents of nearby houses left their houses fearing that flames may spread.

Massive fire engulfs sportswear factory

Meerut: Short circuit is suspected to be behind the massive fire that engulfed a sportswear factory in Surajkund, Meerut on Thursday morning. Cops said the factory was being run without authorization on the second floor of a building. “We were alerted about the fire at 9am. Tenders were soon pressed into action and a team was sent to the spot. The sportswear factory on the second floor of the building was being run in an unauthorised manner, as the ground floor was residential,” said Sanjeev Kumar, fire station officer.

fire_ppttii_0

The factory, Mohineesh International, was registered in the name of one Mohineesh Raghav. “The owners are residents of Jagriti Vihar. At the time when the fire broke out, there was nobody inside. Hence there are no casualties. The fire was doused
by one fire tender in just an hour,” said Kumar. Losses worth lakhs were reported, and an inquiry has been set up to probe how the factory was allowed to run unauthorised.

 

 

Short circuit sparks fire at Ajit Pawar’s farmhouse

PUNE: A fire broke out at former deputy chief minister Ajit Pawar’s farmhouse in Mulshi taluka around 7.45pm on Sunday. The farmhouse is located along Ghotawade-Mulkhed Road in Mulshi, about 21km from the Pune. The fire broke out due to a short circuit, initial investigations revealed.

fire_ppttii_0

Two fire tenders from the Hinjewadi fire station of the Pune Metropolitan Region Development Authority (PMRDA) were sent to the farmhouse. The firemen doused the blaze in about an hour. No casualty was reported. When contacted, Pawar told TOI that a small canopy-like structure near the main farmhouse structure was damaged in the fire. “It was a small fibre structure near the main farmhouse that was damaged in the fire. The fire broke out due to a short circuit. The main structure of the farmhouse was not damaged,” Pawar said. “Strong winds were blowing when the fire broke out. It was also raining. The fire augmented because of the strong winds and went out of control,” he added.

An official from the PMRDA confirmed that prima facie investigations revealed the cause of the fire. “The fire was caused due to a short circuit. A caretaker and security personnel were at the farmhouse. No one sustained injuries,” the officer said. The PMRDA officer added that the fire brigade received a call around 7.45pm on Sunday. “We sent two fire tenders to the spot. They doused the fire in an hour,” the officer said. Pawar’s farmhouse is located about a kilometre away from Mulkhed village, along the banks of the Mula River. A resident of Mulkhed said villagers could see the flames and smoke emanating from the farmhouse.

Short-circuit sparks fire at MS University’s arts faculty

VADODARA: A minor fire broke out at the arts facultycampus of MS University (MSU) early Saturday morning.
The fire was sparked due to short-circuit in an electric metre in the building housing Gujarati and political science departments. Security guards in the faculty noticed smoke bellowing out an electric metre installed at the entrance of the building and informed the fire department. Firemen reached the spot and contained the mishap using fire extinguishers within 30 minutes.

“Prima facie it appears like short-circuit as the metre has been installed on the external wall and is exposed to rain water,” said a fire officer. The Madhya Gujarat Vij Company Ltd disconnected the electric supply of the building and electricians of the university worked throughout the day for replacing the wires and cables.
“The institution will have to get everything tested and take a fresh no-objection certificate (NOC) to get a new electric metre and only after that power supply will be resumed,” fire officials said. Since it was early morning and a public holiday, no major mishap was reported.

Fire breaks out at AIIMS Delhi due to short circuit; 34 tenders rush to the spot

A fire has broken out on the first and second floor at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) on Saturday evening. 34 fire tenders have rushed to the AIIMS hospital to douse the fire, reported ANI. The fire started at a building near the Emergency Ward of the hospital.

aiims-fire-2-759

According to media reports, fire was caused due to a short circuit. There are no reports of any casualty so far. The fire broke out at the teaching block of the AIIMS, destroying samples and medical reports and forcing evacuation of some patients, though no one was injured. Former Finance Minister Arun Jaitley is undergoing treatment at the AIIMS hospital, but he is admitted in a different building.

Dark plumes of smoke were seen billowing out from top of the premier health institute. A Delhi Fire Services official said that they received a call of fire in the PC and Teaching Block of the hospital at around 5 PM and 34 fire tenders were immediately dispatched to contain it.

Meanwhile, Chief Minister of Delhi has tweeted, “The fire in AIIMS building will be brought under control at the earliest. Fire service trying it’s best to extinguish the fire. I appeal to everyone to maintain calm and allow the fire services personnel to do their work (sic).”The fire in AIIMS building will be brought under control at the earliest. Fire Service trying it’s best to extinguish the fire.

Patients from some floors of the AB ward, located close to the Microbiology department where the blaze started at around 5 pm, were evacuated along with those in the operation theatres above it as the smoke spread, officials said, adding that the fire was doused within a couple of hours.

Fire breaks out at residential high-rise in Ahmedabad, two critical

A major fire broke out at a high rise residential building in Gujarat’s Ahmedabad on Friday. Two persons received serious injuries.

“The fire started from the fifth floor of the Ganesh Genesis residential apartment in Gota area,” said Ahmedabad chief fire officer M F Dastoor.

Fire officer Rajesh Bhatt said, “All people have been safely rescued, two were in serious condition, their status will be updated by the hospital.”

An LPG blast or a short circuit is being seen as the likely reason for the fire.

_389347fa-af84-11e9-a723-55bad35bb354