The cables to trust…

VADODARA: State-run SSG Hospital, the biggest government hospital in central Gujarat, witnessed scenes of chaos even as the panic spread at the hospital premises after fire broke out in ward 17. The paediatric department is where new-borns and infants undergoing treatment are kept.
Sources said that prima facie it seemed that a short-circuit in an airconditioner sparked fire due to which rooms on the second floor of the building were filled with smoke. As the smoke started spreading, the security guards and others broke the windows of the rooms, yet there was no respite.

SSG-HOSPITAL-FIRE-SANDESH
Meanwhile, scenes of relatives and parents of the kids holding their babies in their arms and rushing them out of the building along with saline bottles were also witnessed as the smoke kept bellowing out. The hospital officials however said that all kids are safe as they have been evacuated. “It was a major fire, but we have evacuated all patients and switched off power supply of the building and the oxygen supply also had to be turned off,” said Dr.Sheila Aiyer of paediatric department. She added that although the fire had started from ward 17, they had to shift all patients and relocate them to other wards of the hospital. “The kids including new-borns were shifted to Rukmani Chainani and emergency wards and were stabilized,” she said. The hospital authorities will also move the patients to GMERS Medical College and Hospital at Gotri as well.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: