The cables to trust…

VADODARA: A minor fire broke out at the arts facultycampus of MS University (MSU) early Saturday morning.
The fire was sparked due to short-circuit in an electric metre in the building housing Gujarati and political science departments. Security guards in the faculty noticed smoke bellowing out an electric metre installed at the entrance of the building and informed the fire department. Firemen reached the spot and contained the mishap using fire extinguishers within 30 minutes.

“Prima facie it appears like short-circuit as the metre has been installed on the external wall and is exposed to rain water,” said a fire officer. The Madhya Gujarat Vij Company Ltd disconnected the electric supply of the building and electricians of the university worked throughout the day for replacing the wires and cables.
“The institution will have to get everything tested and take a fresh no-objection certificate (NOC) to get a new electric metre and only after that power supply will be resumed,” fire officials said. Since it was early morning and a public holiday, no major mishap was reported.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: