The cables to trust…

Archive for August, 2019

Short circuit sparks fire at Ajit Pawar’s farmhouse

PUNE: A fire broke out at former deputy chief minister Ajit Pawar’s farmhouse in Mulshi taluka around 7.45pm on Sunday. The farmhouse is located along Ghotawade-Mulkhed Road in Mulshi, about 21km from the Pune. The fire broke out due to a short circuit, initial investigations revealed.

fire_ppttii_0

Two fire tenders from the Hinjewadi fire station of the Pune Metropolitan Region Development Authority (PMRDA) were sent to the farmhouse. The firemen doused the blaze in about an hour. No casualty was reported. When contacted, Pawar told TOI that a small canopy-like structure near the main farmhouse structure was damaged in the fire. “It was a small fibre structure near the main farmhouse that was damaged in the fire. The fire broke out due to a short circuit. The main structure of the farmhouse was not damaged,” Pawar said. “Strong winds were blowing when the fire broke out. It was also raining. The fire augmented because of the strong winds and went out of control,” he added.

An official from the PMRDA confirmed that prima facie investigations revealed the cause of the fire. “The fire was caused due to a short circuit. A caretaker and security personnel were at the farmhouse. No one sustained injuries,” the officer said. The PMRDA officer added that the fire brigade received a call around 7.45pm on Sunday. “We sent two fire tenders to the spot. They doused the fire in an hour,” the officer said. Pawar’s farmhouse is located about a kilometre away from Mulkhed village, along the banks of the Mula River. A resident of Mulkhed said villagers could see the flames and smoke emanating from the farmhouse.

Short-circuit sparks fire at MS University’s arts faculty

VADODARA: A minor fire broke out at the arts facultycampus of MS University (MSU) early Saturday morning.
The fire was sparked due to short-circuit in an electric metre in the building housing Gujarati and political science departments. Security guards in the faculty noticed smoke bellowing out an electric metre installed at the entrance of the building and informed the fire department. Firemen reached the spot and contained the mishap using fire extinguishers within 30 minutes.

“Prima facie it appears like short-circuit as the metre has been installed on the external wall and is exposed to rain water,” said a fire officer. The Madhya Gujarat Vij Company Ltd disconnected the electric supply of the building and electricians of the university worked throughout the day for replacing the wires and cables.
“The institution will have to get everything tested and take a fresh no-objection certificate (NOC) to get a new electric metre and only after that power supply will be resumed,” fire officials said. Since it was early morning and a public holiday, no major mishap was reported.

Fire breaks out at AIIMS Delhi due to short circuit; 34 tenders rush to the spot

A fire has broken out on the first and second floor at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) on Saturday evening. 34 fire tenders have rushed to the AIIMS hospital to douse the fire, reported ANI. The fire started at a building near the Emergency Ward of the hospital.

aiims-fire-2-759

According to media reports, fire was caused due to a short circuit. There are no reports of any casualty so far. The fire broke out at the teaching block of the AIIMS, destroying samples and medical reports and forcing evacuation of some patients, though no one was injured. Former Finance Minister Arun Jaitley is undergoing treatment at the AIIMS hospital, but he is admitted in a different building.

Dark plumes of smoke were seen billowing out from top of the premier health institute. A Delhi Fire Services official said that they received a call of fire in the PC and Teaching Block of the hospital at around 5 PM and 34 fire tenders were immediately dispatched to contain it.

Meanwhile, Chief Minister of Delhi has tweeted, “The fire in AIIMS building will be brought under control at the earliest. Fire service trying it’s best to extinguish the fire. I appeal to everyone to maintain calm and allow the fire services personnel to do their work (sic).”The fire in AIIMS building will be brought under control at the earliest. Fire Service trying it’s best to extinguish the fire.

Patients from some floors of the AB ward, located close to the Microbiology department where the blaze started at around 5 pm, were evacuated along with those in the operation theatres above it as the smoke spread, officials said, adding that the fire was doused within a couple of hours.