The cables to trust…

VISAKHAPATNAM: Two cinema theatres in the same premises in Gajuwaka area of Visakhapatnam were gutted in fire on Monday morning. No causality or injuries were reported in the incident. As per the preliminary information, the losses are estimated to be Rs 3 crore as furniture and sponge material chairs in the theatres gave room for the flames to spread quickly to entire area.

dnq2tdmxsaeprbe-1537153428.jpg
According to sources, flames started from Srikanya theatre near BC Road of Gajuwaka around 6am and spread to other Srikanya Heaven. Thick smoke engulfed the area and spread to neighboring places. Fire staff struggled for almost two and half hours as the flames with help of winds, wood material, furniture and foam seats spread to other areas. Even after five fire tenders were pressed into action, flames were not controlled till 8.45am.

Though the theatres have fire safety equipment, flames could not be controlled.Electrical short circuit is suspected to be the reason for the fire as per the preliminary report. Gajuwak Zonal Commissioner Chakradhar and city deputy Commissioner of Police K Fakkeerappa rushed the area and supervised the fire fighting operations. District collector Praveen Kumar has also rushed to the spot.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: