The cables to trust…

A four-year-old boy suffocated to death while three other family members were injured early on Wednesday after a fire broke out in a house here, a fire officer said.

A call was received at the Delhi Fire Service (DFS) control room regarding a fire in a DDA flat in south Delhi’s R.K Puram at 1 am, he said, adding that three tenders were rushed to the spot and the flames were doused by around 2 am

“Abhinav, 4, died due to suffocation while his grandmother Darshana, 74, his father Pankaj, 37, and mother Swati, 34, were injured during the rescue operation at second floor. “The injured persons are being treated in a private hospital,” Station House Officer (SHO) Harish Chander told IANS.

“Prima facie, it appears that the fire broke out due to short circuit in wires when the entire family was asleep.” Pankaj works as a stenographer in Udyog Bhavan.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: