The cables to trust…

Archive for May, 2018

Raw material gutted in fire

VADODARA: Around 12 tonne of coconut fibre and coco peat was gutted after fire broke out at Organic House, a company manufacturing organic fertilizer at an industrial area on Padamla-Sankarda Road near the city, on Tuesday midnight.

According to fire department officials, they received the call at midnight on Tuesday. Since Nandesari GIDC was nearer to the industrial area, the fire brigade there too was informed by the Vadodara Fire and Emergency Services. The fire department had dispatched three water dowsers, however 12 tonne of raw material was gutted.“We managed to save raw material stored over there in huge quantity and also made sure that the fire did not spread to the company’s building and neighbouring units,” said Om Jadeja, station officer, TP13 fire station.

The fire fighters also used a earthmover to separate the raw material from the raw material that was on fire. Jadeja said that the firemen had tough time since the factory premises spread over 4,000 square metre area did not have fire-fighting and fire hydrant systems.

Fire officials believe that the fire could have been sparked either due to short-circuit or if anyone had thrown a burning cigarette from outside. The owners have claimed that they have faced losses to the tune of Rs five lakh.
Advertisements

Fire at Rohini mall from short circuit

NEW DELHI: A fire broke out on the third floor of a mall in RohiniSector 9 on Wednesday night.
Fire department officers said that they were informed at 11.45pm and nine fire tenders were sent to the spot. The blazes were brought under control after an hour and no casualties were reported.

images
A preliminary probe has revealed that the fire started due to a short circuit in the electrical system of a restaurant, which also has a bar license. Cops said that the place was vacant at the time of the incident that saved it from turning into a bigger tragedy.

4 rescued from building on fire

Ludhiana: A minor fire on the third floor of a five-storied building at Feroze Gandhi Market here triggered panic on Tuesday night, as four caretakers inside were too scared to leave the complex and firefighters had to go in to rescue them.
The fire was reported around 8.30pm, according to the owner of the building. Though the blaze, said to be caused by an electrical short circuit, was brought under control within an hour of the fire brigade arriving on the scene, there was a high drama before that as the four caretakers — Ram Dutt (87), Ram Beti (70), Gill Devi (40), and Guddi (35) —started shouting for help from the terrace.

The flames were limited to the coaching institute in which the fire broke out. However, there was smoke all over the third floor and that panicked the caretakers, as they were under the impression that the entire floor was on fire.

The caretakers had been staying on the terrace to take care of the building at night. When they saw smoke bellowing out of the floor below, they started screaming for help. They informed the coaching institute’s owner, Vinod Kumar, about the blaze and he then sounded the fire brigade.

MC sub-fire officer Srishti Nath said firemen went to the terrace of the building to bring down the caretakers as they were panicking. “We just climbed up the stairs and walked down with them,” he said. “They were our top priority. Once they were safe, we started controlling the fire.”

images

He said they brought the situation under control within an hour. “It was not a major fire, but people inside panicked. Luckily, we were informed on time,” he added.Kumar said he left work around 6.30pm and got a call from one of the caretakers around 8.30pm. “They told me about smoke coming out of the office. While I phoned the fire brigade immediately, I reached the building first and opened the shutter. But all had been gutted,” he said.

Soon after, the fire brigade arrived on the scene. “There was no fire around the staircase, but the caretakers were too worried,” he said.
Feroze Gandhi Market is considered a busy commercial area of the city. Thousands of people frequent it daily as it has commercial complexes, banks, coaching institutes, the office of Ludhiana Improvement Trust, ad court complex. A similar incident during the day could have resulted in injury.