The cables to trust…

Five people – four employees and a former staff, were killed in a fire that broke out at a bar-cum-restaurant in the city early on Monday.  The five men were sleeping at the Kailash Bar and Restaurant, located on the ground floor of the four-storey Kumbaara Sangha building in Kalasipalya, when the fire broke out.  Although accommodation had been provided to the employees on the second floor, it was allegedly infested with bedbugs and so the five had chosen to sleep in the bar.

Of the five, police say three suffocated to death.  Fire brigade officials said the smoke had turned the bar into a gas chamber and the men had appeared to have made attempts to find the keys and open the rolling shutter door of the bar.

The other two had burn injuries and the cause of death will be known after autopsy.

It was not clear exactly when the fire, suspected to be caused by a short circuit, broke out.  Security guards of a building nearby noticed the fire and alerted police on night patrol at around 3.05 am.  By 3.10am, two fire tenders and a water bowser with 20 personnel were at the spot.

Source – One India

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: