The cables to trust…

Archive for August, 2017

4 members of hotelier’s family, maid die due to suffocation in Bhubaneswar

In a tragic incident, four members of family and their maid died of suffocation when fire broke out at their residence located in Budheswari Colony of Bhubaneswar in wee hours of Thursday. Police said the fire broke out around 4.30 AM at the second floor house of Satpal Singh, the chairman of Pal Heights Group which owns a few luxury hotels in the city. The deceased were identified as Satpal’s younger son Gagan Pal Singh (40), daughter-in-law Bhavana Singh (38), granddaughter Sohabi Singh (15), grandson Rubir Singh (8), and house maid Khusi Das (15).

xfireresized-03-1501735638.jpg.pagespeed.ic.a1XjlXrYNM

While four of the family died on their way to hospital, Satpal sustained injuries and was admitted to the Capital hospital. His condition is stated to be stable.

Sources said the fire started due to short-circuit in an air-conditioner and soon spread to the rest of the building. A fire brigade official said they got a call around 5 AM and two fire tenders were pressed into service. When the police reached the home of Singh, all rooms were filled up with smoke.

Source – DNA

Advertisements

Fire breaks out at New Delhi’s Shastri Bhawan

A fire broke out at Shastri Bhawan located in New Delhi on Monday due to a short circuit in an air conditioner.

shastri-bhawan-31-1501480681

“The fire broke out on the seventh floor of the building at 9.42 am Five fire tenders rushed to the spot and it was doused,” the fire service official told IANS. No casualties were reported, he said.

The Shastri Bhawan is a government building that houses a number of ministries including Human Resources Development; Law and Justice; and Information and Broadcasting.

Shastri Bhawan is in an area where there are several buildings that house government offices. It is close Parliament House and Railways headquarters. As per latest reports, the fire has been brought under control.

Source – PTI

Fire at Lok Nayak Bhawan in Delhi, no causalities

A massive fire broke out at the Lok Nayak Bhawan in New Delhi on Monday. The fire has reportedly engulfed the fourth floor of the multi-storey office building located at Delhi’s posh Khan Market area.

fire-24-1500899712

Twenty-six fire tenders have been pushed into service to douse the flames. The main aim of the firemen is to stop the fire from spreading to other floors. The building has been evacuated and no one was injured in the incident, said reports. “A call was received around 4 pm.

Around 26 fire tenders have been pressed into service,” PTI quoted a fire department official as saying. The Lok Nayak Bhawan mostly has government offices and is located close to iconic India Gate.

Source- ANI