A fire broke out today in the office of Vadodara district collector, a fire brigade official said.
“However, the blaze was brought under control within five minutes and the situation is normal. No one is hurt in the incident,” Vadodara Municipal Corporation’s chief fire officer Dipak Munzal told PTI.
The fire broke out on the ground floor of the two storey building, the officer said.
He said short circuit is suspected to be the cause of the fire.
The staff working at the office rushed outside the premises after the blaze broke out, the officer added.
Meanwhile, Vadodara collector P Bharti, who assumed charge yesterday, is returning from capital Gandhinagar upon learning about the fire, an aide to the collector said.