A minor fire at the Maharashtra Cricket Association (MCA) Stadium Pune, resulted in a brief stoppage of play in the second day of 1st India-Australia Test match on February 24
As Indian batsmen battled it out against Australian bowlers, there was a minor scare at the boundary line when fire was seen due to a short circuit.
The incident happened in the 22nd over of the day with India 65/3. Australian left-arm spinner Steve O’Keefe was bowling when there was fire seen at the boundary. Play was stopped for few minutes.
The ground staff were quick to douse the fire and play resumed later. The fire was seen from one of the LED advertisement display boards at the boundary.
Source – One India