The cables to trust…

A minor fire broke out on the second floor of the Parliament Annexe on Sunday afternoon which was brought under control by fire fighters within 25 minutes.


A meeting of the national executive of JD(U) was underway when the fire broke out. The meeting, however, continued uninterrupted.

According to fire officials, prima facie it appeared to be caused by a short-circuit.

“We received a call on the Parliament hotline at Delhi Fire Services office around 1.30pm. When the officer online reported the matter to us, 13 fire tenders were rushed to the spot,” a fire department official said, adding, one fire tender is always stationed in the Parliament complex.

“The fire broke out in room number 219 on second floor which is used as a store section and has some file cabinets and furniture,” the official added.

“No causalities or injuries were reported. It appears to be caused by a short circuit. However, the exact cause behind the fire is being investigated. The assessment of damage is also underway,” the fire official said.

Sanjay Tomar, who was leading the fire team at the spot said, “The fire was noticed around 1.30pm. It was doused by 1.55pm. The fire was confined to room no 219 and the flames were doused before they could travel further”.


“As soon as we got to know about the fire, one police team was rushed to the spot and another team was deployed on road to ensure the fire tenders reach the spot without any hassle. There was no casualty and the matter was being investigated “ DCP New Delhi Jatin Narwal said.

Source – Hindustan Times

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: