The cables to trust…

A massive fire broke out at a factory manufacturing foam for mattresses at Duttapura village of Waghodia taluka, Vadodara on Wednesday morning.

The fire department officials said that the short circuit resulted in the blaze that later spread in the entire factory.  Gas Authority of India (GAIL) also rushed its fire engine to the spot.   The regional emergency response centre (ERC) sent a fire engine to douse the fire.

It took about an hour to douse the fire but the salvaging was on till afternoon.

There were no injuries or casualties in the fire.  Eye witnesses said that there were four workers in the factory when the incident happened and they ran out immediately.

“Prima facie it looks like that short circuit sparked the fire but we are trying to find the exact reason.  Since there was a stock of mattress foam, the fire spread very fast but we could bring it under control quickly,” said a fire official.

The smoke billowing could be seen for several kilometers away from the factory.

Source – TOI

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: