The cables to trust…

Archive for September, 2016

Yarn manufacturing unit gutted in fire due to Short Circuit at Mandvi

More than 50 textile workers had a narrow escape when a major fire broke out at a polyester yarn manufacturing unit at Mandvi’s Hariyal village in Surat district on Wednesday morning. No casualty has been reported.

Fire broke out in the one-storey texturizing company Sanika Yarns, which housed around four polyester manufacturing units. The fire broke out due to short circuit in the room where the plastic raw material was stored for manufacturing of yarn. Raw material worth crores of rupees is estimated to have been gutted in the fire.

The fire engulfed another three yarn units in the same premises within few minutes. The production of polyester yarn was going when the fire broke out.

At least 15 fire tenders from Surat, Mandvi, Bardoli, Palsana and Ankleshwar were rushed to the spot on Wednesday morning to bring the fire under control.

The fire and emergency department of Surat Municipal Corporation (SMC) said that four fire tenders and two water tankers have been dispatched to Mandvi for fire fighting exercise. The fire destroyed the entire yarn manufacturing unit.

In-charge chief fire officer of SMC, SK Acharya said, “The fire erupted due to short circuit in the room where the plastic raw material was stored on the ground floor. Since it was early in the morning, the fire immediately spread to the entire premises taking all the four units under its grip.”

Acharya added, “Only 50% of the fire has been brought under control, while efforts are going on to control the rest. Since it is plastic raw material, it burns on high temperature. There is a shortage of water as the fire tankers have to travel two kilometers to fetch water for cooling.”

Sources said that the yarn manufacturing company has not taken enough fire safety measures like non-stop continuous water supply.

Source – TOI

Advertisements

Fire engulfs Hiranandani heritage tower in Kandivili, Mumbai due to Short Circuit

A fire broke out on the top floor of a residential building in Hiranandani Heritage Complex at Kandivali in Mumbai on Thursday, 15th Sep 2016. There were no reports of casualties.

csyzrkduiaqrjhk

The fire was reported from the 22nd floor of the posh building around 1 pm on Thursday.

According to a spokesperson for the realty group, the conflagration was reported around 1 p.m. from the 32nd floor of the building where some renovation work was in progress and it later spread down to the 31st floor.

Four fire tenders, two ambulances and water tankers were rushed to the building which is a new construction in the complex and only 18 flats were occupied.

There were no reports of any casualties so far and the preliminary cause of the blaze is suspected to be a short-circuit, the spokesperson added.

The conflagration was brought under control in less than three hours by the building security and the fire brigade due to a modern fire-fighting system installed within the complex, situated on a busy thoroughfare.

Source- ANI

Fire at Mumbai’s UCO Bank building

A fire broke out in the UCO Bank building, which also houses the regional office of the country’s premier news agency PTI in the tony Horniman Circle area of the megapolis.

No casualties were, however, reported. Being a holiday on account of Ganesha festival, the building was sparsely occupied. The building, situated on the Heritage Mile area on the D N Road which is home to many landmarks of the city such as the high court, the museum, and many art galleries. The fire was detected around 2 PM.

As per preliminary assessment, the fire was suspected to have been caused by a short circuit on the ground floor, which houses the zonal headquarters of Kolkata-based UCO Bank.

Ten fire tenders were pressed into service and the firemen were able to contain the flames after battling for almost three hours. The building is located next to the historic Fountain Gardens and the Martyrs Square as well as opposite theSiddhartha College founded by B R Ambedkar.

Source – PTI