Five houses were completely razed in a major fire that broke out in one of the localities of Ruzaphema village under Medziphema town in Nagaland on Sunday afternoon at around 2 pm.
No loss of life, or injuries, was reported.
Sources from the village informed that one of the houses was of the pastor of Ruzaphema Baptist Church while some of the other families, whose houses were burnt, were with “infants and little children.”
None of the residents were inside their homes when the fire broke out, it was informed. “No one was able to retrieve anything, not even spare clothing,” the source said.
Reportedly the fire was caused by an electrical short circuit. Two fire tenders were used to douse the flames, the villager said.
Source: Eastern Mirror