The cables to trust…

A short circuit caused a fire at a maternity hospital, damaging its operation theatre in Anantnag district of South Kashmir, officials said today.  The fire broke out in the operation theatre of main maternity hospital at Sherbagh in Anantnag town, 55 kms from here, around mid-night, an official of the Fire and emergency services reported.

Fire tenders from the local station and nearby Sarbal headquarter were immediately pressed into service and the fire was brought under control within an hour.  Timely action saved the two-storied main building of the hospital from destruction, the official said adding that some costly equipment inside the operation theater were either completely or partially damaged in the blaze.  However, the official said there was no causality in the fire which was caused by short circuit.  Officials said panic-stricken patients and their attendants shifted to safer places immediately after noticing the fire in the building.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: